Get ready to change your life!
Mixed Martial Arts & Fitness Academy
1120 March Rd, Unit B, Kanata, Ontario, K2K 1X7
Tel: 613.863.7115 Fax: 613.435.7553
SCHEDULE A FREE WEEK TODAY!
Just click the button for instant access to our class schedule and your FREE WEEK! Our staff will contact you to schedule your first class and provide all your pricing options.
SERVING THE KANATA AREA FOR OVER 18 YEARS
Benefits for Muay Thai for Women
01,16,2018-- 11:40 AM
Ladies, are you thinking about taking up martial arts but wonder if it’s right for you? If you are planning to jazz up your plain old boring workout regime, and switch to something more efficient and fulfilling, read on and find out if Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) is your answer.
A Brief History of Muay Thai
As with most martial arts, Muay Thai came about as a combat system meant for self-defense and military application. Originating in Thailand, it developed into a formal sport in the early 20th century with a format similar to Western boxing in terms of a ring, referee, set rounds and boxing gloves. Muay Thai gained popularity worldwide around the seventies after several fights where Thai fighters defeated practitioners of other combat arts. Since then, foreigners have flocked enthusiastically to Thailand to train and fight competitively.
Is Muay Thai Dangerous?
One of the most common concerns that people have about Muay Thai is if it’s dangerous. Muay Thai has a rep for being one of the most violent sports. As with all competitive contact sports, there are definitely health risks involved. The keyword here being “competitive”. The fact is, a majority of modern Muay Thai practitioners aren’t actually competitive at all, and many do it purely for fitness andhealth purposes. Boys and girls alike. So if you just want to pick it up for fitness, losing weight, or self-defense, the danger is minimal and this cardio-intensive and effective martial arts is really one of your best options.
Benefits of Muay Thai for Females
Most people sign up for Muay Thai looking for some form of value-add to their lives. Here are some of the benefits that Muay Thai training has to offer:
- Effective Calorie-burner: Very few sports make you burn as much calories as Muay Thai. If you are looking for an exercise to help you get leaner, look no further. Of course, on its own, Muay Thai won’t make you lose weight if you don’t pay attention to your diet but it certainly makes the job easier. Time to shed those fats and achieve that lean, toned body that you’ve dreamt about.
- Muay Thai is Fun: Without a doubt, an hour of Muay Thai is certainly a lot more fun and fulfilling than an hour on the treadmill or lifting weights. There is always something new to learn and makes your every workout interesting instead of the same old routines.
- Simple to learn: No elaborate or complicated moves, Muay Thai is straight to the point. As a stand-up striking style, the techniques were developed to be effective and efficient so they are intuitive and easy to pick up. By the end of your trial session, you would be able to execute most of the basic moves.
- Self-defense: As a woman, it’s nice to be equipped with some self-defense skills. Better safe than sorry!
- Strengthening: Training in Muay Thai regularly will improve your stamina, energy, overall fitness as well as make you stronger. Muay Thai makes you strong without adding bulk like weight lifting. And you know what they say, “strong is the new sexy”.
- Challenge yourself: Unless you are a very driven and self-motivated individual, there is no way you can push yourself to the same degree as a Muay Thai training session. Very often, your instructors will push you to your limits and beyond. If you keep doing this, training on a regular basis, you not only get stronger physically, but also mentally. Whether you are a student, an office worker or a stay-at-home mum, Muay Thai will fortify you with the mental toughness to handle many of life’s challenges.
- Endorphins Rush: You know that high feeling you get after a really good workout? That’s endorphins at work and a Muay Thai session is guaranteed to give you an endorphins rush. Endorphins are part of a group of chemicals secreted within the brain and nervous system. Among its many benefits, they trigger positive feeling, aid in your stress management, help you to relax and improve the quality of your sleep. Enough said.
Hey, you don’t have to take my word for it -although you should. So pick the phone, or drop-in at the Mixed Martial Arts & Fitness Academy, and make an appointment for a trial. Never underestimate what you and your body are capable of. It’s time to realize your full potential and reap the benefits of Muay Thai. Call 613.863.7115 or register for our FREE WEEK online offer here.